1. What information do we gather?
1.1 Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name and address).
1.2 Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website).
2. How we use your information
We will only collect your information with your permission or where it is essential to provide you with our services.
2.1 We might use your information to:
(1) Remember you when you visit our website and see how your journey through it by using cookies. We explain what cookies are in Section 6 and how you can manage them in Section 7, below;
(2) Contact you by email, mail, telephone, SMS text message or through social media to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) but only according to the permissions you give us – see Section 4;
(3) Make sure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
(4) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(5) Assess and understand our readers’ feedback and identify usage hotspots;
2.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
3. How do we gather information?
3.1 Information is gathered in the following ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology or technology when you use an application on a mobile device); and
(2) directly (e.g. when you provide your information when you interact with us).
4. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
4.1 We always explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email, phone, post and SMS text and via social media.
4.2 Sometimes, we need your information to be able to contact you to provide the service you wish to use. In those cases, by signing up to the service you give us permission to send you service communications and we will not offer you the chance to opt-out from receiving those messages.
4.3 If there are no tick boxes, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it (see Section 4.2).
5. Accessing and updating your personal information
5.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by emailing
5.2 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of that personal information, please send an email to
You will have to provide proof of identification and there will be an administrative charge for processing your request.
6.1 A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. When we refer to “cookies” we include other technologies with similar purposes.
6.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to serve advertisements that might be of particular interest to you on our and other websites
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view for the purpose of administering subscriptions.
(3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
6.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third-party organisations have no access to ours. The third-party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
7. Managing your cookies preferences
7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
7.2 If you would prefer to just restrict third party cookies, you can do so on your browser.
Alternatively, visit or click on the AdChoices logo that you will see in the corner of advertisements that carry behavioural targeting cookies.
7.3 If you would like to disable “third party” cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your device. Here are links to the two main third party advertising platforms we use, each of which has instructions on how to do this:
7.5 You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising companies for more information on how to opt out of these cookies:
8. Protecting your information
8.1 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However, once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
9. Disclosing your information
9.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
9.2 We never sell personal information or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
10. Where we store your personal information
10.1 The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”.
11. Changes to this Policy
11.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
13. If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
13.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at and we will try to solve the problem promptly.